Looking for ways to get the conversation started on hiring immigrants?
Developing your organization's business case?
Here are some helpful resources:
A statistical fact sheet (pdf) on London Region's immigrant population.
"Immigration and the Demographic Challenge: A Statistical Survey of the Ontario Region" (pdf), CERIS-The Ontario Metropolis Centre.
- LMIEC presentation on "Strengthening London's Economic Competitiveness in the Global Competition for Talent" (pdf) - Presented to Municipal Affairs Committee, London Chamber of Commerce, May 2009.
- Elisabeth White presentation on "Hiring, Retaining & Integrating Immigrants in London & Middlesex" (pdf) - Presented at Leaders' Roundtable on Immigration, Chatham-Kent, April 2009.
- Statistics Canada presentation on "Tracking Trends in London" (pdf) - Presented at London Chamber of Commerce, January 2009.
- Naomi Alboim's presentation on "Emerging Trends in Canadian Immigration: Planning for the Future" (pdf) - Presented at LMIEC/WIL Employer Breakfast, November 2008.
- "Services help employers find skilled immigrants" TechPulse, (as appeared in London Free Press, April 29, 2009).
- London Free Press feature series on immigrant experiences in London Region's labour market. - January 2009.
- "Immigrants key to labour growth", London Free Press, January 26, 2008.
- "Immigrant skills promoted", London Free Press, February 23, 2007.
- The LMIEC, Skills International and Mentorship for Newcomer Success were among best practices associated with employment opportunities highlighted in a province-wide review entitled "Characteristics of a Welcoming Community" published by the Welcoming Communities Initiative. Click here for full report.
- "London 3Ts Reference Report" (pdf) - April 2009, part of the Ontario in the Creative Age project, Martin Prosperity Institute
- "Immigration and Diversity in Canadian Cities and Communities" (pdf) - March 2009. This Federation of Canadian Municipalities report looks at 24 Canadian communities, including London.
- EMOLTB Trends, Opportunities and Priorities Report (pdf) - March 2009. See "Increasing Diversity in the Workplace" trend.
- Status Report on Welcoming Cultural Diversity Action Plan (pdf) - March 2008
- London Economic Development Corporation Workforce Survey (pdf) - August 2007. This employer survey found that 60% of respondents experienced difficulty filling positions and/or compromised their requirements as a result. 10% decided against expansion in London because of difficulty finding staff.
- Welcoming Cultural Diversity Action Plan (pdf) - Spring 2006
- "Can Immigration Compensate for Below-Replacement Fertility?: The Consequences of the Unbalanced Settlement of Immigrants in Canadian Cities, 2001-2051" (pdf) by Deb Matthews - 2006.
- Creative Cities Task Force Final Report (pdf) - April 2005
- "Voices for Change: Making Use of Immigrant Skills to Strengthen the City of London" (pdf) - October 2003
Interested in sharing this information with a colleague in your company, business network, client base or industry sector?
Please contact us or become an Employer Leader today!