London Welcomes Syrian Newcomers
London is joining with cities across Canada to welcome Syrian newcomers. As one step in the process of getting settled into London and surrounding communities, Syrian newcomers will be seeking employment opportunities.
Are you an employer seeking to welcome refugee and newcomer talent into your workplace? The London Middlesex Immigrant Employment Council (LMIEC) Job Match Network is working together with community partners across Southwestern Ontario to support your hiring needs and connect you with qualified talent.
Please share your employment opportunities with us at welcometalent@LMIEC.ca or 519-663-0774 x. 117.
For additional information to guide Syrian refugees to available supports and assistance in the London-Middlesex community or contribute to fundraising efforts, please click on the links below:
- Local information on newcomers and settlement: www.immigration.london.ca including information specifically for Syrian newcomers: www.immigration.london.ca/LondonWelcomesSyrianNewcomers
- United for Refugees: www.londonunitedforrefugees.ca
- The 211 service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone 2-1-1 for service in 150 languages, or visit http://www.211ontario.ca
- Federal government: www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/welcome/index.asp
- Provincial government: www.ontario.ca/syrianrefugees
- Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants: www.welcomeontario.ca
- Syrian Refugee Fund: www.SyrianRefugeeFund.ca