Become A Mentor
- Mentorship Matches - Volunteer mentors are matched with a newcomer in their professional field through a 1:1 match. These mentors volunteer several hours a month over a 4 month period. Ongoing support is provided to both the mentee and mentor throughout the partnership.
- Group Mentoring Sessions - Organized by industry sector, these sessions bring together approximately 9 mentees and 3 mentors. Mentors can participate in one or more sessions per year and can also connect with other mentors through quarterly exchanges.
- Peer Mentorship Matches - Skilled immigrants that have found employment in their field are placed in short-term matches with job-seeking newcomers. Peer Mentors are also invited to connect with other peer mentors and mentees through quarterly exchanges.
Benefits of Mentorship
- Strengthen leadership and coaching skills
- Improve inter-cultural awareness
- Expand communication skills
- Gain an international perspective on your field or occupation
- Spot talent for potential recruitment - before your competition
- Be a professional with at least three years of London Region experience. Newcomers that have recently reconnected with their field are also invited to participate as Peer Mentors.
- Be knowledgeable about your industry sector and some of the skills required to gain employment in that sector.
- Be willing to develop an awareness of the challenges newcomers face or willing to share your experiences navigating London's labour market as a newcomer professional yourself.
Sign-up as a Mentor today to learn more about these programs. The Mentorship Program Coordinator will schedule a time to meet with you and provide an orientation into our range of mentorship opportunities.
Click here to view our updated list of individuals currently seeking a Mentor (by profession).
For further information, please contact the LMIEC Mentorship for Immigrant Employment team at Mentorship@LMIEC.ca or 519-663-0774.