LMIEC Mentorship for Immigrant Employment programs brings together internationally trained individuals with local mentors in their field to gain a better understanding of the regional job market; establish valuable networking contacts; and learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada.
Click on the links below to learn more about the many opportunities to get involved:
Benefits for Mentors
- Strengthen leadership and coaching skills
- Improve inter-cultural awareness
- Expand communication skills
- Gain an international perspective on your field or occupation
- Spot talent for potential recruitment - before your competition
Benefits for Mentees
- Establish and grow your professional network in London and surrounding area
- Network in targeted occupation/industry
- Connect with Canada's hidden job market
- Increase confidence in the job search
- Expand access to local labour market information
- Refine job goals
- Identify transferrable skills
- And as a result - secure meaningful employment in their professional field.
For further information, please contact the Mentorship Program Coordinator at mentorship@LMIEC.ca or 519-663-0774.